This is part three in a ten-part series debunking myths surrounding melanin.
A myth and urban legend
The “Melanin is carbon and has a molecular structure of six protons, six neutrons and six electrons that equal 666 or the mark of the beast” myth is one of the easier melanin myths to debunk. It just goes to show the manufacturers of these myths really haven’t thought them through well enough.
The best way to falsify or verify any myth or legend is with Google scholar. Below, we reveal our findings so you can objectively judge for yourself.
- Obviously, this hoax is a subliminal attempt to demonize the melanin rich. When you feel good about yourself, it’s hard to feel bad about anyone or anything else. If it’s one thing we feel good about here at Keyamsha the Awakening, it’s ourselves.
- We have documented the dollar value of melanin and it is easily verifiable. Melanin is currently worth $500 a gram. It also means melanin is worth over $441 a gram more than gold. Simply put:
- Carbon is not now nor has carbon ever been worth more than gold. Twenty-five grams of carbon is worth only $234.00. Why would the company selling melanin for one price sell, carbon for almost 50 times less if they were the same thing?
- Allow us to show why this is blasphemy. 666 is a reference to a bible verse in Revelation 13:18 where it says:
- Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
- The bible also tells us:
- In Genesis 1:27 “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. the first human was named Adam and his wife.”
- Then in Genesis 3:20:
- And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
- Why would God make two beings in his own image and then put the mark of the beast in them?
- Does that mean God is the beast? This is the blasphemy we referred to above.
- The most recent common ancestors of all human beings are from Africa. Mitochondrial Eve lived about 200,000 years ago in East Africa. “Y-chromosomal Adam” was a man who lived between 200,000 and 300,000 years ago. If God created us in his image and science proves the first humans had high levels of melanin in their skin you can see why Atheism is on the rise.
Carbon is an element
- Is it true that Carbon has 6 protons (positively charged particles), 6 neutrons (uncharged particles) and 6 electrons (negatively charged particles)? Okay let’s see about that.
- Go to scholar.google.com. It is like a hidden, secret part of google that most people don’t know about.
- Search for six protons six neutrons six electrons.
- Of the 217 results the first should be “The isotopic mass defect: a tool for limiting molecular formulas by accurate mass.” It is from the journal Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry August 2010, Volume 397, Issue 7, pp 2807–2816.
- In that article you will find this statement: “As an example, 12 C consists of six protons (accurate mass of 1.007277 u each), six electrons
(accurate mass of 0.000548597 u each), and six neutrons (accurate mass of 1.008665 u each).
- The book Natural Kinds by MA Khalidi – The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Science, 2016 says the following on page 411 “An atom of carbon-12, for example, has six protons, six neutrons (each of which consist of three quarks), and (in a nonionized state) six electrons…”
- Allan B. Cobb in his book “The Basics of Nonmetals” tells us on page 18 “Most carbon occurs in the form, or isotope, carbon-12 or C-12. Carbon-12 is very stable. It has six protons and six neutrons. Carbon-12 accounts for about 98.9 percent of all carbon.”
- So yeah, “carbon” has six protons, six neutrons and six electrons. Carbon-12 specifically, which accounts for 98.9 percent of all carbon.
- The chemical formula for melanin is C18H10N2O4. That means there are 18 carbon atoms, 10 hydrogen, 2 nitrogen and 4 oxygen atoms in a melanin molecule. Melanin is carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen.
- What is Carbon-12? It is an element. The Georgia State University Department of Physics and Astronomy Hyperphysics website explains carbon as “forming more chemical compounds than any other element than hydrogen. Many of the chemicals in living organisms are hydrocarbons. The field of organic chemistry is primarily the chemistry of the compounds of carbon.” The page talks about graphite and even diamonds. No mention of melanin, though. The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry describes an element as “atoms with the same number of protons in the atomic nucleus…pure chemical substance composed of atoms with the same number of protons in the atomic nucleus.”
Melanin Is A Chemical
- In google scholar put the phrase “melanin is carbon.” The result? “Your search – “melanin is carbon” – did not match any articles.”
- Any questions?
- Melanin by itself produces 365,000 results. Not one states “melanin is carbon”.
- One of those articles is “The physical and chemical properties of eumelanin.” It describes melanin as a “chemical.” As shown above, carbon is an element. Chemicals comprise elements. Elements make up chemicals. Elements are the ingredients of chemicals, like carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. Ordinary chemical means can not break elements down. Melanin is a chemical. It is an aromatic biopolymer and organic semiconductor. The enzyme tyrosinase oxygenates tyrosine producing melanin. Stars produce carbon when hydrogen fuses with helium.
- Carbon having 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons has no more to do with melanin than it does to do with tomato sauce or bananas.
- Carbon may be the mark of the beast, but melanin is not carbon.
- Melanin is a chemical. Carbon is an element. Melanin is not carbon because melanin has a chemical formula.